Role: Management Accountant
Salary: Up to £45,000 plus benefits package
Based: Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Role: Management Accountant
Thruvision is the leading provider of next generation people-screening technology that can detect metallic and non-metallic threats – like weapons, explosives and contraband items – hidden under clothing, at distances up to 10m. Using patented passive terahertz technology, Thruvision addresses the growing need for fast, safe and effective security and has been vetted and approved by the US Transportation Security Adminstration.
More than 200 units have been deployed worldwide over the last five years for applications including mass transit and aviation security, facilities and public area protection, customs and border control and supply chain loss prevention. Thruvision has offices near Oxford and in Washington DC.
The business is experiencing fast-paced, high levels of organic growth and we are actively investing in our exceptional team to support the business growth.
About the Role
As our new Management Accountant, you will report directly to our Financial Controller and you will work closely with key members of the Finance team on a daily basis, responsible for management accounting and supporting FP&A and profitability analysis.
The Finance department is now in an exciting transitional stage with many new projects to get involved in as the company expands. It’s a great time to join the team and we are seeking to recruit a new team member that can develop with the business as it continues to grow and develop.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow and financial analysis as required
- Develop, improve and industrialise existing and new reporting and analysis
- Support the implementation of new ERP and FP&A systems to support the accounting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Assist Financial controller with preparing Budget and rolling forecast, providing ongoing variance analysis
- Operate, improve and automate the sales order, purchase order and expense management processes
- Raise and process sales quotes, invoices and sales acknowledgements
- Work with Finance clerk and other teams as required to define and improve reporting and reconciliation process
- Work with Financial controller to improve product and segment level profitability reporting
- Close touch points within the business to help department heads understand their numbers and to assist decision making across the business
- Participation in interim and year end reporting and audits
- Assisting with the control and monitoring of bad debt provisioning
- Ownership of the accounting for two of Thruvision’s subsidiary companies
Required Skills and Experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA)
- Ambition and Enthusiasm to develop a career in modern finance at Thruvision
- Relevant management accounting experience and knowledge of intercompany transactions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision or similar accounting packages
- Experience of working across cultures and time zones (desirable)
- Experience of working to tight timescales and consistently meeting deadlines
- Experience in driving cost savings and margin improvement
- A team focused and supportive approach to tasks
- Flexibility and eagerness to develop new skills
- High attention to detail and an interest in technology
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-function team and at various seniority levels in the organisation
- British citizenship