Mass Transit Security
Protecting the traveling public from terrorist attacks
High throughput, stand-off people-screening technology for providing early visual warning of person-borne improvised explosive devices (PB-IEDs) or weapons intended to cause mass casualties in the public transportation network.
Thruvision is a proven people-screening camera able to detect any type of object hidden under clothing. Based on patented, passive terahertz technology, Thruvision provides safe and respectful real-time imagery of items concealed in travelers’ clothing, allowing law enforcement agents to take decisive, pre-emptive action if suspicious items are seen.
How can I use Thruvision to improve mass transit security?
- Throughput of over 2,000 travelers per hour
- Ability to see PB-IED at 30 feet / 10 metres
- Ability to screen up to four people simultaneously
- Intuitive and easy for security staff to use
- Travelers treated in safe and respectful way
- Flexible, mobile deployment as part of ‘pop-up’ security screening approach
Suitable for use at a wide range of transportation sites
traveler throughput rates
warning of mass casualty threats
no safety or
CASE STUDY – US Transportation Security Administration
Thruvision working closely with US TSA and mass transit operators including New York Mass Transit Authority, LA Metro and Amtrak
High throughput rates with excellent concealed threat item detection performance reported
US politicians and general public supportive of deployments to improve traveler safety
Thruvision mass transit screening solution options
- TAC camera*, with laptop running Thruviewer control software, on fixed stand (left)
- TAC camera* deployed inside Tactical Deployment System (right)
- Flexible warranty and support options available
* export restrictions apply
E&OE. Specifications subject to change without notice.
May 2018 v1.1